Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Variety is the Spice of Reading

Do you stick to one genre or do you, as a reader or writer, branch out? Do you go through phases or simply grab the next book that looks like it will be a good read, regardless of topic?

Some experts state that's bad, from a marketing perspective, to write across different genres. But, as a writer who does, I find it worth taking the chance. With so many full-length stories ahead of me, it's difficult to limit myself to just those in a particular category.

Next, I'll be focusing on action/adventure/thrillers. They've been a lot of fun to write and I absolutely love the characters in each one. In fact, I have their lives plotted out for sequels already.

I'll be posting a blurb and "test" jacket cover for the next one in a few days and then it will go up as a pre-holiday offering (I hope) back at the Sintra Publishing site.

P.S. As a reader, I've gone through hard-core techno, biographies, romances, family sagas, thrillers of all types, the classics, humorous fiction, and tons more. Our shelves are filled with such a variety - and so is my Kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment