Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stepping Outside Your Comfort Reading Zone


With the advent of on-line books, the freebies are pretty tempting, too. While some certainly fall into the substandard category, there are many gems to be had. Some come from the Big 6 publishers, while others are from independents. Sometimes, it's a popular tactic as an enticement for readers to purchase other books by the same author. It seems to be an effective tool for many.

The nicest thing about freebies is it allows readers to step outside their comfort genre zone. It's easy to grab something that sounds interesting, but may not be in a category that would interest you at a higher price (and especially at the price of a hardback).


My favorite change to date is Mozart's Blood by Louise Marley. My first vampire novel, which also doubled up on the fun with a werewolf, too. With an opera theme that crossed the stage of centuries, it also appealed to me as a unique historical. I found it fascinating and well-written; loved the characters and it was a book I could barely put down. While I would be tempted to read other books by this author, it's doubtful I'll be a latecomer to the whole vamp group.


New adventures are always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment