Thursday, October 13, 2011

Paper or Plastic?

Traditional books aren't going away any time soon. A majority of readers still enjoy the feel of paper in their hands. We have bookcases full and a stack still to be read waits in a nightstand.

But, when I received a Kindle in all its white plastic and glass-screened glory two years ago, it was like magic in my hands. From almost the minute I turned it on, it became an exciting device to explore, along with the extensive collection of e-books at Amazon. The first thing I did was look through the classics - so many were free, even! It started with The Picture of Dorian Gray, then moved on into more recent reads.

With so many offerings, I could very well be 150 before getting to all of them, but it's a wonderful sense of security. Sure, paper is nice, but having a complete library in the palm of my hand is just purely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment